NATO, Trump and Poland
Digest more
Secretary of State Marco Rubio is on his latest mission to assuage nervous U.S. allies in Europe about the Trump administration’s intentions with NATO or at least put a friendlier face on whipsawing changes and uncertainty about American troop reductions.
By Gram Slattery, Jonathan Landay and Andrew Gray WASHINGTON/BRUSSELS, May 20 (Reuters) - The Trump administration is planning to tell NATO allies this week that it will shrink the pool of military capabilities that the U.
A NATO force model that could see fewer U.S. troops brought to Europe during a crisis is under review, the alliance’s top official said.
Trump pressures NATO allies to boost defense spending as experts describe a decades-long commitment gap between political promises and military capability.
As Secretary of State Marco Rubio meets with NATO foreign ministers in Sweden, the focus is on the U.S. moving to reduce its military footprint in Europe.
The U.S. plans to scale back the forces available to NATO in crises, pushing Europe to take greater defense responsibility.
The President has declared the exit of over five thousand US troops from Germany, revealing plans to reduce the American military footprint significantly more than previously expected. This decision has reverberated through NATO's headquarters in Brussels,
By Sabine Siebold and John Irish HELSINGBORG, Sweden, May 22 (Reuters) - Far-right leader Marine Le Pen said on Friday she would withdraw France from NATO's integrated military command if elected
Defense News on MSN
More US troop withdrawals from Europe expected, NATO commander says
Gen. Alexus Grynkewich said Europe should "absolutely" expect additional U.S. troop withdrawals as NATO allies provide more of their own defense.
Ukrainian drone pilots turned a military exercise in Sweden into a critical warning for NATO. The pilots, playing the role of the enemy in the exercise, said they destroyed Swedish forces with drones — and that if the exercise had been a real life scenario,
Nato’s UK-run command centre took over Charing Cross tube to test its ability to fight off Russia amid continued criticism that Britain isn’t war ready